Wednesday, January 24, 2018
Science and I
In high school I had really great Biology and Chemistry teachers who made me enjoy learning about science in all forms but once I took a Biomedical Technology class I fell in love with science. I learned a lot of new material in that class and eventually moved on to take the classes BioMed Tech 2 and Health Sciences 1 and 2. After I completed all of those classes I applied for a Nursing Fundamentals class and received admission and through this course I earned my CNA certification. While it's not directly science, working in a nursing home you really see a lot of "behind the scenes" knowledge that you need to know. I'm currently a Biology major with a concentration in Cellular and Molecular Biology and a minor in Chemistry. I plan to continue my science career in the years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is really great that you had such a good experience in high school. It also is really cool that you already have your CNA certification. I was wondering are you planning on going into the medical field?
ReplyDeleteAfter I finish my undergrad I want to go on to dental school and one day become an orthodontist :)
DeleteI love your title for your blog! I also think it is great that you have your CNA certification. You must have worked hard for that. I also enjoyed my science classes in high school and had really good teachers.
ReplyDeleteI also had a really good biology teacher in high school that influenced me very much. It is awesome that you already got your CNA in high school! I have also thought about going into dentistry school.
ReplyDeleteGreat to read about your high school experience Ashley. It really sounds amazing and really impressive that your school was able to offer you such a "leg up" (and that you rose to the occasion and took advantage of it, I'm sure there was a lot of work involved!). App has really great programs in the health sciences, they have a Masters of Science in Nursing that might be worth considering after you complete your Bio/ Chem undergrad degrees. I'm really excited for the opportunities you have created for yourself, look forward to hearing more about them.
ReplyDelete